Book Review: Without Remorse By: Ava Strong

The blurb for this book drew me in almost instantly, and I was looking for a good short mystery read at the time, so I gave it a shot.  However, I failed to pay attention to the subtitle, and realize that this book is actually second in a series.  *palm on face  It's right there on the cover.  I was a few chapters in, wondering why the character development seemed a little shy before I realized I had clearly missed something which apparently happened in book one.  

That aside, Without Remorse was an intense thrill ride strapped into a buddy cop sequel kind of story.  Dakota Steele is a likable character who has demons she is struggling with, not to mention whatever it was that happened in book one.  The banter between her and her partner was great to not only move the plot forward, but also bring a shade of humor to such a dark story.  My favorite character though was antagonist.  He was portrayed very maniacal but believable in the that he concocted reason for everything he did.  His "artwork" felt like an original take on a villain. 

This is definitely a book and series worth checking out, but I would suggest reading book one first so you won’t be a little lost like I was.  Though I was able to follow the story just fine, I appreciate a little extra in the backstory area.  I will certainly be picking up book one for sure! 

Without Remorse if available right here on Amazon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW: Abandoned, By Vicky Ball

Cover Options for The Gouge

Exciting News!