Book Review: Shadows By: Renee Marski

If you’re looking for a mystery thriller with building suspense that’s also a fairly short read, look no further than Renee Marski’s, Shadows.  I found Shadows to be written in a fast-paced form of writing—a lot of events happen in a short number of pages, and the dialogue is short but to the point.  For me, this style of writing tends to have its up sides, and down sides in other books, but the style seemed to work well for Shadows.

The main character, Carson, is very determined and focus minded when it comes to figuring out who murdered the love of his life, Ophelia.  As the body count rises, Carson goes over and above, sometimes crossing some lines, trying to sort out what happened, and at the same time trying to protect the people he cares for from a lunatic hellbent on making his life miserable.  My only fuss with this book would be that the police presence in the book seemed to just sit back while Carson tracked down the killer.  Maybe there were things going on behind the scenes, but other than having that looming paranoia that the police would begin pointing the finger at Carson, they didn’t do much police work.  Overall, for a story that on the surface might sound predicable, it turns out it has a lot of twists and turns that I didn’t see coming.  I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book while on the edge of my seat, and I look forward to reading more books by Renee!   

I downloaded this book to my kindle, and it is enrolled in the Kindle Unlimited program, so it is free to subscribers.  However, Shadows is also available in paperback format.  Find it on Amazon here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW: Abandoned, By Vicky Ball

Cover Options for The Gouge

Exciting News!