Book Review: The Liar, The Bitch, and The Warmonger By: Morton R. Leader

What a twisted story of deceit, sibling rivalry, and double-crossing.  There is so much to unpack in this story, I’m not sure exactly where to begin.  Morton Leader is a fantastically creative writer.  The characters were all presented so perfectly.  Leader chose to write from multiple points of view, and because of this I felt like I was able to really get to know the characters and understand their, at times, dark ambitions, and how greed controlled each of their lives.  They each kept striving for something they wanted, but somehow still lost sight of the prize.  In more ways than one, they did each become their own worst enemy.  

The plot rode the edge of being comical, and tragic.  The actions the characters each took was like watching a train-wreck and hoping for a fender bender.  I could not look away from their desperate decisions and I just had to keep reading.  I had to know which one of their schemes was actually going to pan out.  The ending was kind of sad, but at the same time kind of satisfying—everything came together in about the best way possible and in a slightly unexpected way.  Excellent read!    

This is the second book I’ve picked up from Morton Leader, and it is just as amazing.  I would highly recommend checking out The Liar, The Bitch, and The Warmonger, as well as Morton’s many other works.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW: Abandoned, By Vicky Ball

Cover Options for The Gouge

Exciting News!