Book Review: Volta By: Nikki Dudley

I really loved this book! 

I purchased Volta in paperback several months ago by recommendation from a friend.  It unfortunately sat far too long in my TBR stack.  Admittedly, it was skipped in line more than once, and I’m not sure why, but I wish I had not let that happen.

Volta had me completely gripped from the first page.  The eerie descriptions of the crime scenes, and the heart that poured out from each character’s troublesome situations was amazing and kept the plot moving in a steady fashion.  I found the characters to be perfectly flawed.  SJ’s life was riddled with secrets, and it fascinated me that his current case seemed to mirror his own past situation as well as force him to face the demons he’d buried for good.  His “will they/won’t they” relationship with Mari was the perfect catalyst to balance the troublesome issues.  While Briony was an interesting victim turned burden, she was also a bit frightening to imagine.  About a third of the way into the book, I was able to figure out where the plot was heading, and I don't think it was hidden very well on purpose.  Maybe that seems a little premature to put all the cards on the table, but the cast made it completely worth finishing the ride. 

I’m very happy to have found Volta and Nikki Dudley, and I am looking forward to reading more of her work!  I highly recommend Volta to anyone wanting a thrilling murder mystery with a cast of outstanding characters who are easy to root for and easy to care about.


As I said, I picked up the paperback of Volta, but it is also available for E-readers.  It does not appear to be enrolled in the Kindle Unlimited program at this time, but I wouldn't hesitate to say it's worth the $4.99.  Check out VOLTA here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW: Abandoned, By Vicky Ball

Exciting News!