Book Review: Everlong By: R. Raeta

Full disclosure: I am not a big romance reader.  I picked this book up based on the recommendations of many friends on social media who promised I would enjoy it.  They were not wrong.  Everlong is not the book I thought it would be.  Do not judge this book by it's cover.  Yes, it is a “slow- burn” romance, but it is so much more!  My experience with this book started off a misled state of mind of what I assumed this book would be like.  So, as I began reading it, I would have told you that it was nicely written, but off to a slow start.  I got a little lost in the first couple of chapters as I tired to figure out who Lily really was.  When I finally caught up, I couldn’t stop reading this book.  Lily’s story is exceptionally well written, with wonderful descriptive texts.  The dialogue is believable and easy to read—I could easily hear the characters speaking the words in my mind.  The chemistry between Sam and Lily was fun, and sad (yes, keep those tissue boxes close) but their time together seemed authentic and satisfying.   

As I said, I’m not a big romance reader.  In fact, I don’t think I have ever actively gone looking for a romance book to read.  Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate romantic elements in paranormal story or a mystery story, etc.  Everlong is definitely a romance with a paranormal element, and it works!  If romance is your thing, you are going to love Everlong.  If romance isn’t your thing, I recommend you give this one a try anyway.  As for me, I’ll be watching for the next book from R. Raeta! 

I ordered a paperback copy of this book because that is my preference, but Everlong is available for your kindle, and is also enrolled in the Kindle Unlimited program if you are a member.  You can find the book HERE on Amazon.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW: Abandoned, By Vicky Ball

Cover Options for The Gouge

Exciting News!