Book Review: There Are No Countries By: Marshall Smith

Like most book reviews that I write, I'm going to keep this short and simple:  This was a great sci-fi read!


The first thing that drew me to this book was the cover. 
The moment it came across my twitter feed—I had to stop to just soak in the vibrant colors.  I know it’s not great to judge a book by its cover, but in this case, the cover is what drew me in for a closer look.  While sci-fi isn’t my go-to genre to pick up and read (maybe 20% of what I read is sci-fi,) I certainly enjoyed this book.  The author gave a clear visual of the world that he had created and wanted me to see, and it was amazing.  This alone is an achievement, because not being able to get an understanding of the book’s setting is often where, I believe, a sci-fi book can fall short.  The story was bizarre but endearing, so much so that I found it hard to put it down.  A very well written tale with humor, romance, and a strange, yet somehow felt so real, alien world.  If you desire an interested and entertaining sci-fi read, I highly recommend There Are No Countries.

You can purchase this book on Amazon HERE.  I opted to go for the paperback edition, (because who wouldn't want this book physically on their shelves) but you can also download the book to your kindle for free if you have a Kindle Unlimited subscription.   Happy Reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW: Abandoned, By Vicky Ball

Cover Options for The Gouge

Exciting News!